We are excited to inform you of the most exciting addition to Jeuvani!
ACUPULSE LASER BY LUMENIS® WITH FEMTOUCH™ COMPONENT
Jeuvani has purchased the AcuPulse laser device made by Lumenis® with the FemTouch™ component. We are all trained and very excited to offer these treatments to you. This machine does not rely on melanin (pigmentation) in the skin, thus is successful on all skin types from all nationalities.
Ablative CO2 AcuPulse Laser Resurfacing Treatments:
We now offer the ablative CO2 AcuPulse laser for resurfacing the skin. Most individuals are primarily interested in treatments to the face and neck, but it can be performed on any area of the body for restoring elasticity and improving tone and texture.
Key points include:
- A more intense / deeper treatment than non-ablative treatments.
- 3-7 days of down time as your skin heals from deeper penetration.
- Can be painful, so it requires a topical numbing agent, requiring. you to arrive 30 minutes prior to appointment so it can be applied.
- Average treatment between 15-60 minutes but varies.
- Average results seen in as little as 2-4 weeks, but can be longer.
- Repeat treatments recommended for best results. Initially treat to attain desired results, and then every 6-12 months for most beneficial upkeep.
There are several things to keep in mind both in preparation for and in healing after the treatment. Here are some of the most important:
- Absolutely NO unprotected sun exposure for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the treatment (no tanning either).
- No use of Retin A products (such as tretinoin) for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the treatment.
- No Acutane for 6 months before the procedure.
- Traumatic or surgical scars must be at least 2 months old.
- We treat acne scars of any age but they cannot have active pustules (white heads).
- Topical anesthetic – to help make the pain more tolerable.
- Be prepared for swelling, erythema (redness), and weeping of the skin for 1-3 days post treatment. The redness will likely continue for 3-5 additional days.
- You must keep a protective barrier cream (Aquaphor, Vaseline, antibiotic ointment, bag balm, etc.) over the area treated for 3-5 days continuously.
- You absolutely must apply an excellent sunblock whenever there will be any sun exposure for the first 2 weeks and we recommend at all times afterwards.
- For the first several days we recommend a wide-brimmed hat and scarf around the face to avoid any sun exposure of any kind.
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen if needed to assist with pain control. There is usually minimal to no pain after the day of treatment.
- Facial CO2 ablative treatment – Introductory Offer: $1,700 (for a limited time only – first 60 patients) Recommended cost of the facial CO2 ablative treatment is $2,700.
- Neck CO2 ablative treatment – $800 if added to the facial treatment. However, if you are interested in only having your neck treated and not your face, the price is $1,700 per treatment.
Generally, we recommend 1-4 treatments and you can expect to see results in 2-4 weeks after treatments. The scars can originate from trauma, surgery, acne or other. The above information applies to the treatment of scars as well.
AcuPulse FemTouch™ Laser Treatment
Of great interest to many women is the vaginal rejuvenation component of this machine. This includes, but is not limited to, treating women with urinary incontinence from stress (bearing down) to simple overflow. The urethra (the hole that urine comes out of) is located directly in front of the vagina. When we do the vaginal treatments, it causes neocollagenosis, or the creation of new collagen, which creates a stronger vaginal wall and results in better tone to the urethra thus eliminating (or at least dramatically reducing) urinary incontinence.
Key points include:
- Treats urinary incontinence
- Treats vaginal dryness
- Treats loss of vaginal elasticity, tone, atrophy
Women have been amazed with how well this machine treats this problem, thus restoring confidence to women when they laugh, cough, sneeze, run/walk, or bear down for any reason. It also dramatically improves ongoing urine leakage and for many, the incontinence is resolved.
In addition, this machine significantly improves vaginal atrophy, which is the loss of elasticity of the vagina, most common in post-menopausal women or women who have had vaginal childbirth. Unfortunately, this problem results in decreased satisfaction during sexual intercourse, even leaving some women to believe they may never have an enjoyable sexual interaction again.
We are so happy to inform you of the amazing results this machine offers with only 2-4 treatments. Again, this works by the creation of new collagen thus strengthening the walls of the vagina leading to improved tone and texture and dramatically improved satisfaction with sexual intercourse.
Urinary Incontinence/Vaginal Dryness Treatment Preparation:
There is no significant preparation required for this treatment.
- Menstruation – If you are menstruating at the time of your appointment, we will still be able to perform the treatment as long as the quantity of vaginal bleeding is small. If you are having heavy flow, we will have to reschedule as your results may be less than ideal.
- Negative Pap smear required – prior to scheduling your appointment, we need to have your signed consent stating you have had a negative Pap smear performed by your doctor within 3 years of the treatment. If you have been diagnosed with irregular or pre-cancerous cells within the vagina or cervix, we require that to be addressed prior to your treatment.
- The treatments are painless and only take a few minutes to perform.
Recovery / Healing:
- We require nothing to be inserted into the vagina (tampons, intercourse, cleansing devices, etc.) for 72 hours after treatment.
- May experience minor vaginal bleeding and/or discharge for the first 1-2 days after treatment
- Mild to moderate discomfort, particularly after urinating, but usually subsides after a couple of days. Ointment is provided for topical use following the procedure, and can be used as needed.
- Results in as soon as 2-4 weeks after treatment.
- Second treatment recommended about 4 weeks after 1st treatment.
- Third treatment recommended about 6 weeks after 2nd treatment.
Costs: The protocol is 2-4 treatments with the average being 3.
- Introductory Package Offering of 3 treatments – $1,700. $1,000 discount off of the recommended price of $2,700.
- Prices will increase to $2,100 after we hit our goal of 60 patients, but this is still lower than the recommended retail price!
- If additional treatments are needed, following the 3rd treatment, we recommend them every 6 weeks at $500 per treatment.
You can expect to see results in as soon as 2-4 weeks after treatment. For most women, their results will be permanent but occasionally, the vaginal and urethral muscles lose elasticity again and further treatments are necessary.
External Genital Area Rejuvenation treatment:
Finally, the FemTouch™ device has also given many women a tremendous amount of self-confidence back. Some women suffer from loss of elasticity to either the labia majora (outer lips around the vagina) or labia minora (inner, smaller lips). This device restores tone and texture to this area bringing back the youthful appearance of this part of the woman’s body. This treatment is unfortunately painful so does require numbing cream to be applied prior to treatments.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment for numbing cream thus resulting in a much more tolerable procedure.
- $800 for the labia majora or minora and $1,400 for both.
Generally, women are satisfied with results after 2-4 treatments, but this can vary significantly upon pre-procedure condition.
We’d love to work with you, our cherished clients of Jeuvani, to renew that amazing youthful skin and restore your confidence in areas of vaginal health and rejuvenation. Please click here to schedule your appointment for a time that is convenient for you.