CO2 Fractional Treatments with AcuPulse by Lumenis®
Jeuvani is excited to introduce the AcuPulse laser device made by Lumenis® with the FemTouch™ component. We are all trained and very excited to offer these treatments to you. This incredible CO2 technology works most effectively on lighter skin types and unfortunately is not indicated for those with darker or more pigmented skin types.
Ablative CO2 AcuPulse Laser Resurfacing Treatments:
We now offer the ablative CO2 AcuPulse laser for resurfacing the skin. Most individuals are primarily interested in treatments to the face and neck, but it can be performed on any area of the body for restoring elasticity and improving tone and texture. Clients have had incredible cosmetic results from this deep resurfacing treatment even to the point of avoiding surgical intervention. CO2 fractional treatments are extremely effective on all types of scarred tissue, from acne scars to traumatic or surgical scars and they can be treated anywhere on the body.
Key points include:
- A more intense / deeper treatment than non-ablative treatments.
- 3-7 days of down time as your skin heals from deeper penetration.
- Can be painful so we require clients to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to treatment to allow for adequate topical anesthetic agents to be applied and penetrate the skin for maximum efficacy.
- Average treatment between 15-60 minutes but varies.
- Average results seen in as little as 2-4 weeks, but can be longer.
- Results seen with only one treatment and then repeat treatments every 6-12 months is recommended for the most beneficial upkeep.
There are several things to keep in mind both in preparation for and in healing after the treatment. Here are some of the most important:
- Absolutely NO unprotected sun exposure for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the treatment (no tanning either).
- No use of Retin A products (such as tretinoin) for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the treatment.
- No Acutane for 6 months before the procedure.
- Traumatic or surgical scars must be at least 2 months old.
- We treat acne scars of any age but they cannot have active pustules (white heads).
- Topical anesthetic – to help make the pain more tolerable.
- Skin must be freshly washed and then have no products application (no lotions, makeup, etc)
- Arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to treatment for application of topical numbing agent (cannot be used on clients who are allergic to Lidocaine, Novocaine or similar medications)
- Some clients choose to take a dose of Tylenol or Ibuprofen prior to the procedure to assist with the mild pain they may experience. This is only a suggestion and can also be administered at Jeuvani upon request.
- Be prepared for swelling, erythema (redness), and weeping of the skin for 1-3 days post treatment. The redness will likely continue for 3-5 additional days.
- You must keep a protective barrier cream (Aquaphor, Vaseline, antibiotic ointment, bag balm, etc.) over the area treated for 3-5 days continuously.
- In addition to wearing the protective barrier at all times, you will want to wash your face thoroughly 4 times daily for the first 3-5 days.
- For the first several days we recommend a wide-brimmed hat and scarf around the face to avoid any sun exposure of any kind.
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen if needed to assist with pain control. There is usually minimal to no pain after the day of treatment.
Generally only one treatment is recommended for skin resurfacing, but additional treatments may be needed for treatment of scars or for more advanced cases needing facial resurfacing. You can expect to begin seeing results in as little as 2-4 weeks after the treatment with maximal results within 2-4 months and lasting for up to a year. The scar treatments are permanent but may also need an occasional “touch-up.”